Awards of £10,000 are made to assist the artists with living and working expenses and are made on the basis of both talent and need to artists living and working in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
The Jazz Composition category supported by PRS for Music Foundation has been won by Lauren Kinsella, and the Live Art category, supported by the Yoma Sasburg Estate, has been won by Evan Ifekoya.
In 2017 seven Jerwood Charitable Foundation alumni were shortlisted:
- Marianna Simnett (Jerwood/FVU Awards 2014) Essay Films category.
- Marcin Rusak (current Jerwood Makers Open artist) Materials Innovation supported by The Clothworkers’ Foundation category.
- Jack Underwood (Aldeburgh Music, Jerwood Opera Writing Programme Fellow 2009) Creative Non-Fiction category.
- Lauren Kinsella (Take Five Edition X and Jazzlines Fellowship), Chris Montague (Take Five Edition VIII) and Percy Pursglove (Jazzlines Fellowship) Jazz Composition supported by PRS for Music Foundation category.
- Evan Ifekoya (Jerwood Visual Arts’ Jerwood Staging Series, 2016) Live Art category, supported by the Yoma Sasburg Estate.
Since the inception of its Fellowship Scheme the Trust has awarded over £1,600,000, supporting numerous artists from the fields of Performing and Visual Arts, Crafts, Literature, New Media, Film and Design. Many of these have gone on to become leaders in their art form.