We want to make sure that our exhibition and events programme based at Jerwood Space is welcoming and accessible.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss how we can support you, or have any feedback on the accessibility of our work.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)20 7261 0279.
- Jerwood Space is a working dance and theatre rehearsal space and is wheelchair accessible.
- Gender-neutral toilets and wheelchair accessible toilets are available.
- There is step-free access throughout the gallery spaces, glasshouse and café. There is a minor step at the entrance to the garden but not a full staircase.
- Admission to Jerwood Arts exhibitions and events is free. We ask that you register via Eventbrite to attend our events.
- Baby change facilities are available onsite.
- Guide, access assistant and hearing dogs are welcome in all areas of the galleries, cafe and glasshouse.
- Information about current exhibitions and events are available in large print. Large print information can be found at the gallery desk.
- Chairs are available to borrow in the exhibition spaces by asking a member of staff at the gallery desk.
- The cafe has indoor and outdoor seating and high chairs available.
- The garden provides a quiet space.
- The entrance to Jerwood Space does not have a powered door but a member of staff would be happy to assist you if required.
Our events programme responds to Jerwood Arts exhibitions and is designed to have a variety of informative, entertaining and original events. Please contact us if you would like to discuss how we can support you in attending and enjoying one of our upcoming events.
As well as the access facilities listed above, our events programme includes:
- Free entry to all our events, we ask that you register via Eventbrite to attend.
- Seating options unless advertised as a standing event with seating options.
- For all our talks and panel discussions in the gallery, the speaker’s voices will be amplified via the gallery surround sound system.
- Our seating is not fixed so we are able to accommodate wheelchairs and other seating arrangements as required.
- Overhead lighting to increase the visibility of speakers and performers.
- A welcome from a member of the Jerwood Arts team on the front gallery desk, who will sign you in and be able to introduce the space and event to you.
- Full content, format and timing information in the event listing on our website to give you a clear sense of what you can expect from attending the event.
- We welcome you to take breaks whenever needed throughout the duration of the event.
- Access to a water fountain, a member of staff at the Gallery Desk can direct you to this.
- The option of using our coatrack and umbrella stand.
If you have an access requirement which is not supported above, please get in touch in advance of the event and we’ll make our best effort to support you in attending our event. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss the following or anything else that would help support your access and enjoyment of the event:
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters for the Deaf and hard of hearing.
- A seat reservation in a specific location such as closer to the bathrooms or front of the event.
- Bringing a guide, hearing and assistance dog to the event.
- Accessible parking in the local area.
- In the likely case that you will require a quiet place to rest during the event.
- Wherever possible we record events using video (subtitled) and audio recordings. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss how best we can record our event to support your enjoyment of the content.