New photographic works by two early career artists, Silvia Rosi and Theo Simpson, enabled by the third Jerwood/Photoworks Awards.
The Jerwood/Photoworks Awards support photographers, or artists using photography, to make new work and significantly develop their practice. The Awards are a collaboration betweenJerwood Charitable Foundation and Photoworks, supported by Official Print Partner Spectrum Photographic. The Awards particularly seek to encourage artists and photographers exploring new approaches to photography, and/or whose practice is experimental.
The two Awardees each receive:
- £10,000 to support the making of new work
- Access to an additional production fund of £5,000
- High-profile mentoring support from an international panel of experts for at least 12 months
- A two-person exhibition in London as part of the Jerwood Visual Arts programme at Jerwood Space (from January 2020)
- A subsequent UK joint exhibition tour
The selectors for the 2020 Jerwood Photoworks Awards are Aaron Schuman, artist; Marta Weiss, Curator of Photographs at V&A Museums; Shama Khanna, freelance curator and writer; Shoair Mavlian, Director of Photoworks; and Lilli Geissendorfer, Director of Jerwood Charitable Foundation.