The gallery is currently closed and will re-open from Friday 28 January 2022 for Jerwood Art Fund Makers Open.
Gallery Opening Hours
Wednesday – Friday:
12pm – 6pm
11am – 6pm
Jerwood Arts Exhibition and Events programme is based at Jerwood Space:
171 Union Street
London SE1 0LN
The nearest underground tube stations are Southwark (five-minute walk to the gallery), Borough (nine-minute), and London Bridge (ten-minute). The nearest rail station is London Bridge and Waterloo (13-minute walk to the gallery).
There are cycle parking spaces located in the Jerwood Space garden.
There is car parking on Union street and Pepper street for blue badge holders.
Jerwood Arts is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all our visitors and staff.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have put the following measures in place to provide a safe environment when visiting our exhibitions.
What are Jerwood Arts doing differently to ensure visitor safety?
- The gallery is open between 12pm and 6pm, and 11am and 6pm on Saturdays to allow for travel outside peak times.
- Hand sanitiser and disposable masks are available to visitors during their visit.
- Jerwood Arts staff onsite will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face coverings or visors and will be operating under a COVID-19 Risk Assessment.
- Bench seating, chairs and frequent touch surfaces will be disinfected routinely throughout the day.
- The Gentleman Baristas Cafe is open for takeaway and table service.
What do I need to do when I visit?
We ask that you:
- Continue to wear a face covering to protect other visitors and Jerwood Arts staff unless you are exempt.
- Do not visit if you or anyone you live with is feeling unwell or displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry.
- Observe social distancing within the exhibition.
- In order to help us manage visitor capacity please book a group visit if you plan to visit with 6 or more people. Booking is not required if you are visiting alone or with less than 6 people.
We want to make sure that our exhibition and events programme based at Jerwood Space is welcoming and accessible, learn more about what to expect when visiting Jerwood Space, here.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss how we can support you, or have any feedback on the accessibility of our work. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)790 002 0505.
Jerwood Space is a five-minute walk from Tate Modern and Bankside Gallery, and around the corner from Copperfield Gallery. Borough Food Market and Flat Iron Square are both nearby, as well as food markets at the South Bank, next to Hayward Gallery. Science Gallery, White Cube Bermondsey and Vitrine are located near London Bridge, and Danielle Arnaud Gallery, Matt’s Gallery, Southwark Park Galleries and South London Gallery are easily visited via public transport.
The Gentleman Baristas School House is an independent coffee shop nestled within Jerwood Space serving delicious coffee and seasonal fresh food in a welcoming and informal environment, with indoor and outdoor seating. Art Fund National Art Pass cards accepted for a 10% discount.