Our next exhibition, Jerwood/FVU Awards 2020: Hindsight will be open from 29 October – 21 November 2020.
Jerwood Arts is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all our visitors and staff.
In response to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have put the following measures in place to provide a safe environment when visiting our exhibitions.
What are Jerwood Arts doing differently to ensure visitor safety?
- Visitors are required to pre-book using the online booking system Eventbrite. Booking is free and slots are timed to protect capacity and allow for cleaning of the galleries between visits.
- Visitor capacity is limited to 6 people per booking slot.
- Booking slots are available between 12pm – 7pm to allow for travel outside peak times. Each slot is for 1 hour and will allow you to view both works in the exhibition.
- Hand sanitiser and disposable masks are available to visitors during their visit.
- Jerwood Arts staff onsite will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face coverings or visors and will be operating under a COVID-19 Risk Assessment.
- Bench seating, chairs and frequent touch surfaces will be disinfected routinely throughout the day.
- The Gentleman Baristas Café will remain closed to the public until further notice. No food or drink is to be consumed onsite during this time. Personal water bottles are permitted.
- Jerwood Arts will collect contact details from visitors to assist the NHS Test and Trace service in national efforts to contain the spread of Coronavirus. We will store that information for 21 days in accordance with GDPR guidelines, before deleting appropriately.
What do I need to do when I visit?
Having booked a timed slot, we ask that you:
- Wear a face covering to protect other visitors and Jerwood Arts staff unless you are exempt.
- Do not visit if you or anyone you live with is feeling unwell or displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Observe social distancing within the exhibition.
- Arrive at your booked time.
- If you expect to be late for your slot contact Jerwood Arts on firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there is scope to attend in the next slot.
- If you anticipate arriving in the Southwark area any earlier than your booked screening slot, please note that we are not able to accommodate visitors in the building before the booking slot begins.
- If you are unable to attend your timed booking slot, please cancel using the Eventbrite booking system with 48 hours notice.
Thursday – Saturday, 12pm – 7pm (booking required)
Jerwood Arts exhibition and events programme is based at Jerwood Space
171 Union Street
London SE1 0LN
The nearest underground tube stations are Southwark (five-minute walk to the gallery), Borough (nine-minute), and London Bridge (ten-minute). The nearest rail station is London Bridge and Waterloo (13-minute walk to the gallery).
There are cycle parking spaces located in the Jerwood Space garden.
There is car parking on Union street and Pepper street for blue badge holders.
Also on-site is The School House cafe, run by The Gentlemen Baristas where you can enjoy ‘well mannered’ coffee, and a locally loved menu including a salad bar, sandwiches and cakes. Art Fund National Art Pass cards accepted for a 10% discount.