How to apply
You can apply using the online portal at the bottom of this page.
- Please read the job pack carefully before completing your application.
- Please submit your application by 10am, Monday 16 August. Applications received after this cannot be considered.
Job Pack: Word Document
Job Pack: Large Print Word Document
Job Pack: PDF
Application Form: Word Document
Application Form: Large Print Word Document
Application Form: PDF
Support with making your application
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07947 906445 if you have any questions about this role or if you have any technical issues with our form. We will respond to email enquiries within three working days.
If you are from a background that is under-represented in the arts and funding sectors (for example you are from a Black, Asian or diverse ethnic background, did not go to university or had free school meals as a child), and you would like support to articulate how your experience is transferable to this role, you can book a ten-minute call with one of our team.
We will ensure the person you speak to is not involved in the recruitment process and they will not ask you to disclose your background as part of this support. To request this, please email email@example.com with your name, phone number, what you would like to talk through and your preferred slot from the following options: Friday 6 August 2:30 – 4pm, Monday 9 August 4pm – 5:30pm and Tuesday 10 August 11am – 12:30pm. Slots are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis.
We are committed to ensuring you feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process of applying to us, so if you do have any access requirements please contact Sarah Gibbon, Project Manager or Louis Jones, Exhibitions Manager on 07944 903 989 / firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments for you to apply or attend an interview.
If you would prefer to submit your application as an audio or video recording, the online application portal provides the opportunity for you to do this. You can upload one audio or video file with a recording outlining your experience and supporting statement. We will ask you to complete contact details and an equal opportunities monitoring form in written form to assist the processing of your application. No assessment of the production quality of audio or video recordings will be made.
If you are successful, we will design an inclusive induction process with you to ensure you are comfortable working with us, and have the right equipment and software to do the role.
Working through the form
- There is no save and continue function in the online application portal. We strongly recommend you draft your responses offline in the word version of the application form below and then paste them into the online form when you are ready. We also recommend that you save the word document of your completed application for your records.
- You will have the option of submitting either a written or a video/audio application. We do not have any preference for the format of the application and the recorded version should have the same content as if it were written.
- There is a space in the form for you to outline your work, education, training, skills and life experiences that you think are relevant to the role. This is a space for you to talk about your recent and current activities and how they might have prepared you to take on the role with Jerwood Arts.
- The Supporting Statement gives you the opportunity to talk about your ambitions for the role and how you meet the necessary Experience, Skills and Abilities, Personal Attributes and Interests. You might find it helpful to specifically address the items in the points outlined in this job pack.
- You will need to provide details of two referees as part of your application. In addition to your current or most recent employer, you should choose someone who knows you and your work well, rather than someone who looks impressive on paper. They do not need to necessarily work in the arts. We will only contact the referees of those who reach the final stages of our recruitment process.